Do not worry, if you are new to Custom Shirt Making!
Let me take you to the imaginary experience, to order your first Made-to-Measure Custom Shirt.
- To fix the appointment you should contact the Designer (Shirt Maker) by mail or phone.
- The Designer will provide expert fashion advice on selecting the Style and Fabric appropriate for your lifestyle and figure.You can choose from wide range of cloth and colours. Frequently the Shirt is Designed for a particular Client.
- Multiple body-measures will be taken. It necessary a lot of labor hours to translate those measurements to paper pattern. The Custom Shirt will proportioned for your body in many subtle ways: the posture and asymmetry are noted: the sleeve length, the collar or shoulder seam may be slightly narrower on one side. For a full figure the most flattering line will be found. Even the Design will be scaled to balance the exact pattern. For complex figure types or Styles, the Muslin sample will be cutted, draped and fitted. It takes years of practice to learn wich adjustments will be most flattering to the individual client.
- About a week after, you will have your first Fitting. The Shirt Maker will check the Fit and Design, will mark the corrections. If the Design is very complex, there may be additional Fitting.
- Your chosen cloth will be masterfully cutted. During the Manufacturing Process, great part of sewing is done by hand. The fabric is shaped and manipulated, each seam is carefully pressed, until the Shirt is ready. The Sartorial Shirt may look effortless, but it takes hours, patience and effort to produce that effortless look.
- Usually most Shirts are finished in free weeks after the fitting.
Finally each Shirt is individually pressed to perfection, wrapped in paper and delivered to you!